I'm Erica Ilene
A little about me...I grew up in a small beach town in Los Angles county that often finds it's way as a backdrop to many movies, most recently: La La Land. I spent almost every Saturday at the local fabric shop, which was walking distance from my home. I was mesmerized by the variety of patterns and colors, and learned to sew at a very young age. My love for patterns and colors grew through my childhood and in addition to sewing, and painting.
- I have a Bachelors of Science in Computer graphics. It was originally supposed to be a Bachelors of Art, but the computer graphic classes put my degree in the science category.
- I taught my Computer Graphics II class in college.
- I studied typography under a professor in college that was a master in traditional calligraphy and typography.
- I live amongst creatures of the teenager variety: A witty son, that likes to throw around humor anywhere he can, and my side kick daughter that sees everything through rose colored glasses.
- I have guitar playing husband, that makes more noise than anyone else in the family.
- Added to the mix around the house, are a few four legged critters of the feline kind to remind us how awesome naps are.
- Though I no longer live in my hometown, I still live in Southern California.
- I love rain. It rarely rains in Southern California. The weather forecast usually says: abundant sunshine, brilliant sunshine, or plenty of sunshine. Is there really a difference?
- I keep a stash of art supplies, iPad pro, and a laptop in a handy brief case to grab and go when teenage activities take me away from my home studio.
- I study typography and fonts every chance I get. I have a library of typography books all dated prior to the early 1900s in my drop box so I can study type styles on my iPhone everywhere I go.
Contact me for any licensing or collaborations, or you just want to chat.